Managing your energy use with a prepayment meter
Do you want to switch to Good Energy?
If you have a prepayment meter and you’d like to sign up to the Good Energy prepayment meter service, we’d love to hear from you. Call 0800 254 0004 to speak to our dedicated sales team Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm (except bank holidays).
You can find out more about prepayment meters and how we work with them.
Are you already a Good Energy customer?
If you’re already a Good Energy prepayment meter customer and have a question, please see our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). If you can’t find the answer you’re looking for, our Customer Care team are on hand to help. Email email@example.com or call 0800 254 0000 Monday to Friday 9am–5pm (except bank holidays).
Have you lost supply?
If your supply has stopped due to a fault with your meter or your payment key, please contact us immediately on 0800 254 0000. We’ll arrange for an engineer to visit and put the problem right within 3 hours if you notify us Monday–Friday between 9am and 5pm (except bank holidays).
Advantages of using a prepayment meter:
- Pay as you go – no surprise bills
- You can monitor your consumption
- Emergency credit option
Tips and information on using your prepayment meter:
- Only ever use your Good Energy registered key to ensure you stay on the correct tariff rate and that we receive your payments
- Remember to top up regularly, which you can do at any PayPoint outlet, Post Office or Payzone
- If you lose your key or it is damaged, please contact us immediately
- Going on holiday? Remember to top up enough credit to cover your daily standing charge
- If you have a debt, your debt recovery rate will be set to £3.60 as a minimum
- Moving House? Don’t forget to let us know by completing one of our homemovers forms
If you have a debt on your domestic prepayment meter, you may be able to switch suppliers under an industry process called Debt Assignment Protocol (DAP). Please see our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for more information and also contact your chosen new supplier.
Need some extra help?
Our Priority Service Register gives you access to additional support services to help you manage your energy account. If you have a disability, chronic illness, long-term medical condition or problems with your hearing or sight, talk to us about being added to the register.
You’re also eligible if you’re of pensionable age or have children aged under 5.
If you need any extra help with managing your Good Energy account, ask about signing up to our Priority Service Register. You can also call our Customer Care team on 0800 254 0000 to talk about your needs directly.